We’re coming back! Starting July 12th, we will be meeting in-person at our Lancaster Campus (River Valley Mall). We will offer Worship Experiences every Sunday at 9a & 11a. We are providing a contactless experience so that you don’t have worry about touching any surfaces or door handles. Every space and seat will be cleaned and sanitized prior to each experience. We encourage you to arrive early as our protocols for seating people and checkin for Kids and Youth will take a little bit longer.
For those who are immunocompromised or not comfortable returning to a physical location yet, we will still continue to offer our same incredible Worship Experience online. Our Online Experience times are Sunday at 9a/11a/7p and Monday at 7p.
Every week we will continue to release X Kids and X Yth resources online for parents to engage with their children even while we are returning to a physical location. Please check our Parent resource page weekly for updated content.
Outreach and ministry efforts are continually going out of our church still. Visit www.thex.church/give to continue to help us impact lives during this time.
As always, if you have any questions at all or need help during this time, fill out the Need Request Form at the bottom of this page we will do our best to help! We’ll catch you online this weekend.
The wait is over! We plan to meet in-person starting Sunday, July 12th at our Lancaster location only. If you attend our Lithopolis location or online, we invite you to join us in Lancaster inside the River Valley Mall as we work toward getting into a new rhythm while restrictions are still a part of our routine.
Our Experience times will be 9:00AM and 11:00AM. We recommend you arrive early as we will be following certain procedures to ensure a safe, contactless experience for your safety. If you’ve had symptoms of the virus or you’re not comfortable attending in-person right now—we will still be streaming our incredible Online Experience at our usual times on Sunday and Monday. Please visit live.thex.church to join us online.
We will be following all CDC recommended steps to make sure you and your family are safe at all times during our Weekend Experience. Due to these extra steps we encourage you to come early as to not miss any of the Experience.
All of our Staff and Servant Leaders will be wearing masks. They will also be sanitizing all spaces and seats before and after each Experience as well as the bathrooms every 15 minutes.
When you arrive you’ll notice arrows on the ground to help with social distancing as you wait to be seated. You must be seated by an usher. Your family will be seated together and we will be keeping two chairs between families as well as every other row. At the end of the Experience the ushers will release you by row.
We do ask that you do not congregate in the foyer after the Worship Experience. Feel free to connect safely outside. This will also give us more time to sanitize properly between experiences. We’re all missing the opportunity to hang out with each other but this will hopefully be a temporary measure for your safety. We’ll get through this!
For the safety of your children we will be taking a Phased Approach to opening our X Kids ministry.
Starting July 12th our K-5th grade rooms will be opened and we will have our Middle School (MS) Experience. MS will be during the 9:00AM Experience only and K-5th will be during both Experiences. Please know we will work hard to open younger ages over the next few weeks.
Parents, here are some things you should know:
- There will be touchless sign-in and check-in available
- There will be mandatory temperature checks
- Games and activities will be contact-free
- Social distancing will be adhered to
- Supplies (glue, scissors, etc) will not be shared when possible
- Each room will have sanitizer stations and assigned cleaning teams
Please make sure to arrive early so you don’t miss any of the Experience. We really appreciate your patience as we work hard to make sure you and your family are safe. We’re in this together.
We want to partner with parents to help them lead their children spiritually during this situation. Although we are not gathering corporately, we have provided content for parents to continue their children’s spiritual development during this time. Check out weekly resources for preschool, elementary and middle school ages on our Parent Resources page.
Here are a few things we can all do the help during this outbreak:
- The most important thing we can do right now is pray! Let’s collectively pray for those currently infected, places around the world in a far worse situation than we are in and for the quick containment of this virus.
- Don’t add to the the hysteria. Refrain from sharing anything on social media that isn’t from credible sources and helpful information to prevent the spread. This is a serious situation and we need to use wisdom. Let’s also live like we know that God is in control of our future.
- Educate yourself on the coronavirus. Here are few credible sites to find the most up-to-date information on the virus.
- Wash your hands a lot. Information was released that hand sanitizer isn’t that effective in stopping the spread of the coronavirus. The best thing we are told to prevent the spread is to wash your hands often.
- Continue to support your church family. Though we may not be able to meet in corporate gatherings right now, please continue giving online to the work of the church. We want to be able to minister to our community however is needed in the weeks to come. You can give online at www.thex.church/give. or give via text to 614.524.5373.
We understand that this situation is very concerning to many people. In moments that are out of our control, the best thing we can do is trust that God is in control. While it’s easy to tell someone to just relax, the real path to peace is going to require faith and action. Here are a few things you can do everyday to help you overcome the fear and anxiety of this situation.
1) Spend some time reading God’s Word. God loves to speak to us through the reading of His Word. If you spend all of your time watching the news, it can lead to a greater level of fear and worry. Make sure you are spending time meditating on truth about who God is in these moments. Here are a few passages you could read daily to remind you of God’s goodness and sovereignty.
- Psalm 23
- Psalm 27:1
- Psalm 34:4
- Psalm 91
- Isaiah 41:10
- Matthew 6:34
- Romans 15:13
- Philippians 4:6-8
- 2 Timothy 1:7
2) Spend some time praying about your fears. Take your fears and worries and let God know about them. We don’t do this to inform God, but we do this for our own benefit. When you pray to God it allows you to release those and trust Him for the future. Don’t just worry; pray about the worry and ask God to give you his peace (Philippians 4:6-7).
3) Watch past messages. We have many messages online that you can watch or listen to that will build your faith. Click here to watch past messages.
4) Encourage others. You might be surprised what will happen to your spirit when you focus on encouraging others in this time. Text, email or call someone who might be worried and share a verse or word of encouragement with them.
Do you need help?
Have you been impacted by the effects of the coronavirus? Are you quarantined and need supplies? Are you immunocompromised, elderly or shut-in and need medicines, groceries or assistance? We’re here to help! Take a moment to let us know your need by filling out this form.