We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation and are responding accordingly. We’ve been asked to not gather in groups larger than 10 at this moment and it is possible our governor might issue a Shelter in Place Order. In light of these events, we will plan to have Online Weekend Experiences for the next several weekends. We have been working hard to provide a full church ministry to our community through our online technology.
Every Sunday, you can catch our Weekend Experiences at 9am / 11am and 5pm. We will have staff and other hosts in the chat session to connect with you. We encourage you to make one of those times a priority for you and your family.
Every Thursday we will rebroadcast our previous Weekend Experience at 7pm. We will also have staff available for those chat sessions.
Every week we will release X Kids and X Yth resources online for parents to engage with their children during this time.
Outreach and ministry efforts are continually going out of our church still. Visit www.thex.church/give to continue to help us impact lives during this time.
As always, if you have any questions at all or need help during this time, fill out the Need Request Form at the bottom of this page we will do our best to help! We’ll catch you online this weekend.
We can’t answer that right now. As much as we want to meet in person, we also want to protect the community we serve. This is a very fluid situation and we want to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.
Right now, we don’t know enough of the situation we are dealing with, but we are taking our cue from our governing officials and expert medical professionals. We will be holding online Weekend Experiences for right now. Please visit live.thex.church to join us online every weekend.
We want to partner with parents to help them lead their children spiritually during this situation. Although we are not gathering corporately, we have provided content for parents to continue their children’s spiritual development during this time. Check out weekly resources for preschool, elementary and middle school ages on our Parent Resources page.
Due to the request to not gather in groups of 10 or more, we have decided to move all of our ministries online. We have encouraged all of our Circles (Small Groups) to meet virtually for the time being. All of our X Kids and X Yth content is being provided online as well on our Parent Resource page so parents can lead their families during this time. All of our X Yth leaders are regularly connecting with their XHS small groups through zoom chats.
We understand that some people think this situation is not as critical as the media wants us to believe. The top infectious disease experts have said that the mortality rate is 10x that of the regular flu. This is not to be taken lightly. While we don’t need to live in fear as Christ-followers, we do believe that wisdom is appropriate to help contain the spread of the coronavirus.
Although the symptoms of this virus are sometimes mild, the impact of this contagion can have dire consequences. People that are immunocompromised and the elderly are at higher risk for severe complications. The primary goal of limiting mass gatherings is to slow the spread of the virus to a rate that our health care system can handle. This chart from the CDC shows the goal of these extreme measures.
We are thankful that our governor is taking extreme measures to help prevent the spread here in the state of Ohio.
Here are a few things we can all do the help during this outbreak:
- The most important thing we can do right now is pray! Let’s collectively pray for those currently infected, places around the world in a far worse situation than we are in and for the quick containment of this virus.
- Don’t add to the the hysteria. Refrain from sharing anything on social media that isn’t from credible sources and helpful information to prevent the spread. This is a serious situation and we need to use wisdom. Let’s also live like we know that God is in control of our future.
- Educate yourself on the coronavirus. Here are few credible sites to find the most up-to-date information on the virus.
- Wash your hands a lot. Information was released that hand sanitizer isn’t that effective in stopping the spread of the coronavirus. The best thing we are told to prevent the spread is to wash your hands often.
- Continue to support your church family. Though we may not be able to meet in corporate gatherings right now, please continue giving online to the work of the church. We want to be able to minister to our community however is needed in the weeks to come. You can give online at www.thex.church/give. or give via text to 614.524.5373.
We understand that this situation is very concerning to many people. In moments that are out of our control, the best thing we can do is trust that God is in control. While it’s easy to tell someone to just relax, the real path to peace is going to require faith and action. Here are a few things you can do everyday to help you overcome the fear and anxiety of this situation.
1) Spend some time reading God’s Word. God loves to speak to us through the reading of His Word. If you spend all of your time watching the news, it can lead to a greater level of fear and worry. Make sure you are spending time meditating on truth about who God is in these moments. Here are a few passages you could read daily to remind you of God’s goodness and sovereignty.
- Psalm 23
- Psalm 27:1
- Psalm 34:4
- Psalm 91
- Isaiah 41:10
- Matthew 6:34
- Romans 15:13
- Philippians 4:6-8
- 2 Timothy 1:7
2) Spend some time praying about your fears. Take your fears and worries and let God know about them. We don’t do this to inform God, but we do this for our own benefit. When you pray to God it allows you to release those and trust Him for the future. Don’t just worry; pray about the worry and ask God to give you his peace (Philippians 4:6-7).
3) Watch past messages. We have many messages online that you can watch or listen to that will build your faith. Click here to watch past messages.
4) Encourage others. You might be surprised what will happen to your spirit when you focus on encouraging others in this time. Text, email or call someone who might be worried and share a verse or word of encouragement with them.
Do you need help?
Have you been impacted by the effects of the coronavirus? Are you quarantined and need supplies? Are you immunocompromised, elderly or shut-in and need medicines, groceries or assistance? We’re here to help! Take a moment to let us know your need by filling out this form.